Vancouver Business Consortium – The LEVERAGE LAB
Jan. 28th 2013
Client: a selection of Vancouver’s most progressive values based business Leaders
- Designed and developed a business consortium for progressive business leaders to discuss leverage, and strategic goals for a more resilient future.
- The concept won popular vote at 2013 Change camp
Save on Meats
Organizational development strategies:
- Increasing internal efficiencies and profit margins
- Systematizing internal operations
July 2012 – Present
- Developed a full sustainability strategy.
- Implemented an engagement plan to embed the strategy into the DNA of the organization.
Sustainability Advisor: Salt Spring Coffee Company (SSCC)
Subcontractor to LOCO B.C. for SSCC
Sept. 2011- Present
- Set up internal engagement process around company’s commitments to sustainability;
- Implemented internal waste monitoring and reporting process with feedback loops;
- Facilitated in implementing sustainability into company communications and HR procedures;
- Reported to management on tracking progress towards zero waste.
- Assisted in the development of a strategy for greening the business offerings for an eastern Province of Canada;
- Studied the Climate Change and Energy Efficiency Action plans to determine low hanging fruit;
- Made informed recommendations based on my findings.
Pro Action Cafe Facilitator: University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC) & PGPIRG
Oct. 2011 – Dec. 2011
- Developed a unique and catered facilitation methodology to suit clients needs;
- Facilitated a half day Pro action Café to generate mini business plans for improvement of the campus composting system;
- Assisted in the development of a final report.
Operational Sustainability Strategy and Strategic Process: The Society Promoting Environmental Conservation (SPEC)
Jan. 2011- Jan. 2012
- Planned and facilitated a full day visioning session;
- Assisted the organization with the education and adoption of a operational definition of sustainability;
- Conducted a comprehensive baseline assessment and SWOT analysis;
- Led organizational retreat and facilitated the action planning process.
Membership Coordination: LOCO BC
Jan. 2011- Jan. 2012
- Set up custom membership tracking system;
- Liaised with local business community to capture the successes and understand the challenges with collaboration, innovation and achieving their sustainability goals;
- Recruited new members.
Research project on Greening your business: Intuit – Subcontractor to Zumer for Intuit
Oct. 2011- Nov. 2011
- Conducted a research project using the Appreciative Inquiry method to reveal key barriers for businesses that consider themselves green and want to be leaders in their field;
- Developed methodologies for collecting quantitative and qualitative data;
- Co-facilitated a workshop to brainstorm a value proposition for the client based on the research findings;
- Co-created polished presentations with findings for the delivery to the client.
“On behalf of the Zumer team, I want to thank you and Future Strategies for collaborating with us on the Intuit project. Your combination of deep experience in sustainability and client-focused problem solving helped make the project a great success. We needed to a team member that was adaptable to dynamic circumstances and that could blend business acumen with razor sharp strategic thinking: It is my sincere pleasure to testify that you delivered as promised. We wish you every success in the future and look forward to many more successful collaborations”
Chris Godsall, Co-president of Zumer Interactive
Project Management of The Westside Pocket Market: Kits Neighborhood House & SPEC
June. 2011- Sept. 2011
- Developed Operational Strategy and Implementation plan;
- Secured sponsorship;
- Developed relationships and rapport with local farmers/vendors;
- Created systems to gather both qualitative and quantitative data, and measurements;
- Developed a final polished report and presentation on results.
“Sara’s leadership, organizational skills and ability to connect with and inspire a diverse group of community members and businesses was key to the success of the West Side Pocket Market”
Catherine Leach – Executive Director of Kitsilano Neighborhood House
Research and report writing: HB Lanarc
March. 2011- May. 2011
- Conducted a comprehensive literature review on Sustainable Economic Development practices;
- Wrote a comprehensive report on Sustainable Economic Development.